.

.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'M A BIT SCARED.....

I had another chest x-ray done on the 13th...my doctor is only in on Mondays, Wednesdays & in the mornings on Fridays.  Anyway, I called & left a message for his nurse on the 15th to see if they had the results, she called back & said that she didn't have it in front of her..so she would call me back the next day..she didn't.  So I called Friday & she, of course, wasn't there.  So I talked to another nurse & she said that there was still something there on my right lung.  She said she would talk to the doctor she works for (I had seen him when I first got pneumonia)...and see what he wanted to do.  So I thought I still had a bit of pneumonia.  He called me & said that I didn't thave that...but that I have scarring on my right lung.  He again asked if I smoked, if I had been around abestos (sp?), had asthma, etc.  It was no to all of those.  He told me to he was going to prescribe an inhaler & some more antibiotics.  He also told me that he wanted me to call my regular doctor & get an appt for Monday..that it was important that I talk to my doctor about this, so he could monitor it.  Whatever that means.  So I called right back & the receptionist said that he didn't have any openings that day, I told her that the other doctor had said that it was important.  So she said to call back on Monday morning & they would try to "fit me in."  Gee..thanks.  Otherwise, I have to wait until Wednesday afternoon.  Of course, I was stupid & looked it up on the internet...it's not good.  I hope it's not the scary thing I read about...but it does say that scarring on the lung can't be "fixed."  Well....that's fine...but if it's this other thing...it can make me short of breath & it will just get worse over time..then it only gives the person who has it 5 years to live.  I pray to God that that's NOT what I have.  So if you pray...please pray that it's nothing serious. I was so freaked out that I started crying & had a hard time stopping.  It's ridiculous, I know.  I just have a fear of dying...but also I have a fear of not being able to breathe.  I just want to be here for my kids...to see them grow up.  I know that I get tired of life sometimes...but I still love life & want as many years as I can get.  JM has been there for me & it's so nice being able to talk to him about it & at least feeling some comfort.  Nobody knows what the future holds, but I know that we have to live life to the fullest every day & not take anything or anyone for granted.

Mom is having a yardsale in the morning...so I need to go down there early in the morning & see if I can help her out some.  She puts too much pressure on herself to get everything done like right now.  She doesn't feel good as it is & I think that she just pushes herself too hard.

My weight loss hasn't been going too great...have pretty much stayed the same this past week...which isn't bad, but not great either.  I will just have to try a bit harder.  I know that I can lose it. 

1 comment:

Tim said...

Remember that the internet is full of answers yet they aren't always the right answers and most of the time they give us answers which are the worst case scenario, yet we tend to remember those the most.

Try and stay as calm as you can, see your doctor as soon as possible and then you'll be in good hands.