.

.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

GOOD & BAD

First I want to thank Jules for your comment...it's nice to know that there are others out there who feel the way I do about bullying.:)  I know a lot of people are just thinking that he just needs to "man up" and deal with it...ot that I'm babying him.  We hear all the time about kids committing suicide because of bullying & I won't have Phillip be one of those kids.  The principal wasn't in yesterday...the 2nd day of school & she's MIA?  Dave left a nice little message on her machine...nothing too horrible...just basically saying that Phillip doesn't need this crap & that we're not going to stand by & let it happen.  She was supposed to call him back, but she never did.  Phillip didn't go to school yesterday.:(  He totally refused.  Dave & I both talked to him & told him that he's going to have to stand up for himself a bit & not just take it.  I don't want him beating some kids' ass & really hurting someone...but he can defend himself & tell the kid to back off...though those aren't the words I used.  They pick on him because they know (or think) that he won't do anything about it.  They may just be surprised one of these days.  He couldn't sleep last night, because he's stressing about school...it's ridiculous.

I went to the doctor yesterday...good news!  Well...better than what I was thinking it was.  He said that my lung just hasn't totally inflated back up yet...that sounds so gross...because of the pneumona...but that it wasn't scarred.  Which is really good...though I'm not sure why one doctor would say it is scarred & the other one wouldn't?  I'm supposed to have another chest x-ray in a month or so after I'm totally better & see how it is then.  He thinks that, on top of the cold, that I probably have some allergies.  He said cats are usually the main problem & asked if I had any.  I have one inside & one outside cat.  I hate to think that I may have to get rid of the inside cat...even though she isn't very friendly & never has been!LOL  Matt is sad about it already...so not sure what I'm doing yet.

JM & I have been texting & talking some on the phone.  We talked last night & all was good...except for towards the end.  I felt that he was getting bored or something...saying "uh huh, yeah, etc."  Basically what I do when I'm not really listening to someone.  After we got off the phone, I texted him & asked him a question.  I didn't think it was this big thing.  Well he said that I "always" blow things our of proportion, that some of the things I say are bullshit & that if he said things "like that" that I would be bitching & complaining.  WTF???!  How did we get to that after we have been doing fine?  I texted him back after that saying that I wasn't bitching or complaining, but he didn't text back.  Whatever.  All I had asked him was since we first met, if his feelings for me had grown or diminished.  Is that a hard question?  He said that he was too tired to get into a serious conversation & that he would answer it in the morning.  He had just told me on the phone that he wasn't tired at all.  So I told him that.  Told him it wasn't that difficult of a question.  Was I out of line?  I didn't think so..but obviously he did.  I feel that I have to censor everything I say anymore. 

Dave & I would have been married 15 years today...so Happy Un-Anniversary" to me!!LOL

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I wish I had great advice for you on how to deal with your son's bullying. I don't. I think the "professional" advice out there is crap, but I don't know how else to handle it. I hope talking to the principle will make it better.

I know you live in a small town, but sometimes small is relative. Is there more than one school he can go to? In my town there is only one high school, but there are other small towns nearby and my neighbors kids goes to a different town for school. My town also has an alternative school, which I don't know if that is an option or not for you . . .

I really hope things get better. The teenage years are bad enough, then to add bullying . . . I'm sorry.