.

.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

FMM: HOLIDAY TRADITIONS (March 17th)

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Holiday Traditions.

1. Do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day?
Not really...though I do wear some green!:)
2. Which is your favorite holiday to celebrate?
Christmas for sure.  LOVE the Holidays.
3. Do you have a favorite ‘holiday’ food?
OK I love all kinds of food.LOL  Ummm....turkey & cranberries come to mind.  Also Apple Pie.
4. What do you think of holiday parades?
I used to watch them on TV all of the time.  I haven't in quite a few years though.  I think they're a fun thing & people need to have some light hearted things in life that make them happy & I think parades are one of those things.
5. Have you ever been part of a parade?
We have an annual thing in my town called FibArk.  It's like downriver canoe/raft races, booths, carnival, etc.  It's in the middle of June.  My dad used to be a fireman here & then later firechief...the firetrucks were always in the parade that we had..so I always got to ride on one of those during the parade when I was a kid.:)
6. Do you decorate your house for the holidays?
I do for Christmas...a tree, garland around the house, lights around the windows.  Not so much for the other Holidays, though I sometimes put things in the windows for Halloween.
7. Do you send holiday cards?
I used to send A LOT of cards with letters in them!! LOL  I still do send cards..but not as many as I used to...because I would hardly ever get any back & if I did, it was just their names signed in there...so annoying.  I want annual letters!!:)  So I do send pictures of the kids now & try to get the letters done as well, though I didn't last Christmas.  This Christmas...will definitely be sending more pictures & letters out to some people.
8. Are there any holidays that you celebrate that are traditional in another country, but maybe less well known in the US?
No....but that's kind of a cool idea.:)

No comments: