.

.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LOW CARB & AUGUST...

August is both a good & bad month for me.  I LOVE August.  My birthday is the last day of the month.  August is when I got married, when we bought our house, when both of Daves' parents died,  when Dave told me he was leaving, when he moved out.  So we shall see how this August will go.  I believe that all will be good.  I want to be more optimistic about life...about everything.  It will be hard for me...so will just have to do the day to day thing. 

Jeff & I are supposed to be renting a cabin the weekend of my birthday..I look forward to it!!:)   I want to lose some weight before then.  I started low carb again yesterday.  Will try to do it for all of August.  Hell I can't say that I will TRY, because then I won't do it.  I will just DO IT.  I know I can't lose a 100 lbs before then..unfortunately.  But maybe I can do at least 20.

2 comments:

Tim said...

When I have a month that's got good and bad memories in it, I try and work hard on making lots of new happy memories for that month just so the good outweigh the bad.

MaryFran said...

I like what you said about TRY.....my friend has tried to eliminate me from saying , "I'll try" and instead say "I'll DO" So I'm going to commend you for making that change on your own.

You know...I sometimes allow myself to get mired in the fact that once again I find myself staring at a lot of pounds to lose. But I (WE) can't focus on the 100 pounds. We need to focus on the one or two pounds that we can lose this week. We need to focus on the meal that is being sat in front of us RIGHT NOW...making the best choices. If we focus on the big picture, we have a bigger chance of losing our way. SOOOOOO focus on the here and now. Focus on that first 10 by the end of the month. 2 pounds a week is what they say is a healthy rate to lose. So focus on a 2 pound loss each week!!!

As for all the bad things happening in August. HISTORY. This year is going to be FANTASTIC....simply because I said it will be so. :-D