.

.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FMM: ALL SINGLE LADIES

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)


1. What is your current relationship status? Are you happy with that status?  I'm single.  No, I'm not really happy with that.  I would like someone to go to the movies with, laugh with, talk with, share my feelings with, etc.  On the other hand, I also like my freedom..not having to answser to anyone.  I feel that when I find the guy I'm supposed to be with, that the freedom thing won't matter. 
2. Do you find it enjoyable to take care of someone in addition to yourself, or do you prefer to be responsible only for yourself?  I have 3 kids...so I DO have to take care of someone other than myself.  It's not easy all the time, but when you become a parent, it's just what you do.
3. What’s the most important physical characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  His smile definitely.  The smile gets me every time.  Also his eyes.  I know everyone looks at the rest of the package as well...and I'm no different..but those two things are what make me melt.
4. What’s the most important (non-physical) characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  There are a few...sense of humor is extremely important..life is too serious as it is.  I need someone that can make me laugh, someone who is a bit optimistic...because I can be pretty pessimistic at times and I need someone who can show me the "bright side" from time to time, someone easy to talk to, honest, loyal, kind.
5. Is it important to you that your significant other have the same hobbies and interests as you?  You have to have some of the same interests or it's not going to work.  You don't have to have ALL the same interests..after all I don't want to be with the male version of me.LOL  Shared interests are what usually brings people together in the first place. But you also have to have your own interests that the other one might not enjoy as much as you.  That way, you can each go do your own thing when you need some space.
6. If you could go out on a date with a celebrity who would it be?  "Marty Deeks" off of NCIS: Los Angeles...his real name is Eric Christian Olsen.  I usually go for guys who are a little heavier..but he is just so cute and on the show, he has an awesome sense of humor!  He has a great smile and great eyes...*sigh*



7. What’s your idea of a good first date?  Dinner or coffee...being able to just talk to that person and feel comfortable is awesome...go for a walk like in a park..in the evening with the stars coming out.  I used to like going to the movies on a first date...but that gives you no time to talk.  So save that for the 2nd date.;)
8. Are there any traits/habits that you’d consider a deal breaker?   Will not date drug users (marajuana...I guess that's OK to an extent...not all the time...don't need a pot head in my life..no offense to those out there!)LOL  Someone who doesn't shower regularly or has bad B.O.  I just can't deal with that.  I like someone who smells good.  Ummmm...someone with no teeth or missing teeth..not attractive to me at all....no married guys (believe me, there are plenty out there, who still think they can date even though they're married!)...someone who is a lot shorter than me.  I already feel like an Amazon as it is...that would just make it worse.  I THINK that's it...am I too picky??LOL
9. Okay ladies…Facial Hair: Yes, or No?   Some facial hair is OK..I really don't like the huge beard or whatever...but SOME facial hair is OK..see #6!:)
10. Would you marry someone who is opposed to diamond engagement rings?  I'm not really into too much jewelery..but engagement rings are important...diamonds are cool..but I would "settle" for sapphires or rubies.:)
11. What do you wish you could do differently in your next relationship?  Not be so damn insecure.  I have always had insecurities and it hasn't gotten much better with age.  Would also like to really open up to someone and "let" them really KNOW me.  I have a hard time with letting people get too close.
12. Is there anyone from your past that you’d like to date again now?  Yeah...my first real bf from Job Corps..I was 20..just would have done some things differently.  I still love him and always will.  He feels the same for me..though we don't talk as much as we used to.  Last year, I thought that maybe we would get back together and try again..but he lives in Alaska and I live in Colorado and neither one of us can leave (kids and all).  It was the first time in years that we had both been single at the same time.  But I think he's seeing someone else now.:(  I can't blame him...some things you just can't get back.
13. Describe your worst first date story ever.   I have had a few...but this one happened pretty recently...I might have blogged about it!!LOL  Drove 2 hrs to see this guy...we had talked on the phone and it was awesome.  Got along great!  Well I get there, we talk for a bit.  He hadn't been feeling good that day and I had asked if he wanted to make it another time..he said no.  We decide to go to dinner at a little restaurant near his place.  He orders, I order..then we had to pay right then...well he didn't make any move to get his wallet or anything...so I ended up paying for both of us!  I knew then..that there was NO WAY it was going to work.  I didn't even get a thank you.  So while at the restaurant, he says that he has to work on this paper for one of his college classes (he had told me that he was going to get it done before I got down there, so we could spend that time together).  I said that was no problem.  I would watch TV while he did that.  So we go back to his place, he goes in his bedroom and gets on the computer to do his homework.  I sit down in the living room to watch TV.  Pretty soon I hear something....I go to check and sure enough he's snoring!  Yep...totally out.  I'm like WTF??  So I watch TV for a little longer, giving him the chance to come and hang out in the living room with me or call me into his room to hang out.  I hear him moving around...but nothing.  So go to check again and he's still asleep.  I was so pissed by this time.  I had been texting my friend, J, and she's like you need to just leave..which I was going to do anyway.  I don't like driving after dark.  But I left him a note (not a very nice one), got my stuff and left.  Drove 2 hrs back home.  I text him when I get home to say what the hell and he thinks that I'm still in his living room!!LOL  This was like at midnight..he had gone to do "his homework" around 7:30pm.  Needless to say, we haven't talked much since.  Talk about feeling stupid.
14. Describe the perfect date with your significant other.  Nothing too elaborate..and evening picnic sounds nice.  I have a thing about the moon and the stars.:)
15. Would you date someone shorter than you? LOL I answered this in one of the above questions.  I would prefer NOT to date someone shorter than me..maybe a LITTLE shorter, but not much.  I like feeling that I'm the one protected..not feeling like I'm the one protecting him!!LOL  I'm a big girl, plus I'm 5'9.  I have had guys say that they're 5'9 or whatever and when we meet, they're a little shorter than me...and they're like "wow you're tall!" LOL  I would probably date someone who was like 5'7..but not much below that.  I like a little taller.  But it depends..you never know who you will fall in love with.
16. Share one (or a few) bonus traits that would be fun to find in an significant other (even if they aren’t as important as other traits.)  Someone who likes cemeteries as much as I do!!  I'm totally serious!  Love walking thru them, looking at old tombstones, wondering about the people who are buried there and what their lives had been like.  Plus there are some totally cool tombstones..especially the older ones.  OK, now everyone thinks I'm even more weird.LOL
17. What’s one thing you’d like to do with a significant other that you’ve never done with another?   This is a hard one..I'm totally drawing a blank...maybe go on a road trip.  That would be a great way to really get to know someone..though it may not all be good!!LOL
18. PDA: Yes, or No?  Some...there's no need to be all over each other...making out on a car in a Wal-Mart parking lot or something..hey I've seen it done!!LOL  But I like holding hands and a kiss here and there.
19. Do you kiss on the first date?  It depends on how the date is going.  Plus if the chemistry is there.  I LOVE to kiss...so if it's all good..then I'm going for it!!:)
20. Who, if anyone, makes your heart flutter?  Someone who reads this blog...but he doesn't know it..so will keep it to myself.;)

No comments: