.

.

Monday, December 23, 2013

WORK & LIFE

I'm hurting quite a bit right now.:(  Supposed to call the hospital in about a half hour to set up the ultrasound.  I have to be at work at 8:30am...so should probably be in the shower by now...but it can wait a few.  I did work yesterday.  A LONG day for sure....10:00am-7:00pm.  I was tired.  But I made it.  Went to look at Christmas lights with mom & the boys last night.  Came home, ate a little, watched some of a TV show with Jeff & then I was out.  I have so much to do before I go to work in the morning.  Need to clean the apartment...which means: dishes, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, straightening up bedrooms.  I still have a few presents to wrap.  Jeff's mom will be here sometime tomorrow.  So have to get things done tonight after I get off of work.  Have to work at 9:00am tomorrow, so won't have time then.  I don't feel good at all this morning.  Just feeling overwhelmed.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if his mom wasn't coming up, but she is such a ball of fire.  Efficient.  Clean house, so much energy.  I actually feel not good enough.  I worry about what she will think of our place (even though she's seen it before), I worry about how her & my kids will get along, since they haven't been around each other pretty much at all.  She's bringing an air mattress, so she can sleep in the living room.  So everyone will have to be quiet after a certain time.  My kids tend to wander to the kitchen during the night...but the living room & kitchen are in the same area...no division between them.  She's bringing her dog (a black cocker spaniel) & Jeff' cat....who by the way HATES me.  I have never had an animal who hides from me or hisses at me when I pick it up!  I think she's just jealous!LOL  She adores Jeff.  At least I get along with the dog & SHE loves me.:)  But Jeff is very picky about his cat.  He can't have her here, because of rules of the apartment complex, but he's worried about her getting out the door when one of the boys opens it, or eating something that it shouldn't, or getting into something it shouldn't while it's here.  That adds a little stress to my life as well.  We're all invited to a Christmas Eve party at my mom's friends house...but Jeff isn't sure he wants to go, since his mom & him don't know the people & "what will I do with my cat?"  Mom has Christmas Eve dinner during the day, because my sister has her daughters then before they go with their dad.  I won't be able to make the dinner because of work.  But then as soon as I get off of work, will go to mom's so all of us can open each other's presents while everyone is still there.  I want Jeff to go as well...but guess it depends on if his mom is here yet or not (I'm sure she will be).  Most likely, he will back out of doing that too.  Come to think of it, he backs out of quite a few things having to do with my family.  He says he'll go to Dominic's band concert or whatever, then ends up not feeling good enough to go.  Kind of annoying actually.  I know he wants more of just me & him time, but he also needs to do things with my kids & I & things like that.  Tell me if I'm wrong.   Then another rant....I texted him yesterday from work how stressed I was having to have to come home, do the dishes, clean up the place, etc.  Think he would have done anything to help with that?  Nope.  I come home every day & if I haven't done the dishes the night before, they just aren't done.  Same with cleaning up everything.  I expect that from my kids...not from the other adult in the house.  I love Jeff immensely.  I could just use some help from time to time. 

Today is weigh in day, but not sure if I will or not.  I know I have gained a few pounds.  My battle with Cheetos is being lost at the moment!!LOL  I will work harder this coming week....AFTER I eat Christmas dinner.;)

No comments: