.

.

Monday, December 2, 2013

FEELING.....

OK....I just wrote a ton of stuff...and then somehow accidentally erased it!!!  NOT a happy person right now.  So will start over.  I'm not feeling great at all...my voice comes & goes, I'm nauseous from time to time, my eyes are watery, I'm tired.  I started feeling sick on Thanksgiving.  Was trying to fight it, but losing the battle.  I have been going to work...which hasn't been easy.  I have to work again today.  All I want to do is sleep.  Jeff fixed dinner last night.  He later offered to open the bedroom window so I could sleep better (I can't sleep it I'm too hot), even though it meant that it would be freezing in the room.  Then he played with my hair until I fell asleep...it's a comforting thing for me.  We may not have a "regular" relationship, but it's still an amazing one. 

Jeff went to Colorado Springs the Tuesday before Thanksgiving & came back on Saturday.  His mom was going to be alone, so he wanted to spend it with her.  She'll be coming here for Christmas.   Thanksgiving was pretty nice.  Went to mom's for the day.  I laid down a lot while I was there since I was feeling icky already.  It was hard not having Duke there, but it was even harder not having him at mom's birthday the next day.  She turned 64 on the 29th.  I had a lady from Bingo crochet a blanket for her with the New Orleans Saints colors...her fave team!  I had it for like 6 weeks!LOL  Very hard not giving it to her earlier!  I also gave her a card from Duke...I know that may sound weird, but it seemed like the right thing to do this year.  Bev & her daughters came down.  My niece, Justine & her boyfriend were there.  Justine had bought some fudge from a lady in town for mom...the woman makes different kinds of fudge & Justine got: chocolate, peanut butter, pistachio, cherry & birthday cake (my fave...it tasted like sugar cookies!).  I ate more that day than I did on Thanksgiving!  Felt kinda crappy after I did too.  Eating doesn't bring as much enjoyment as it used to...though I still love eating (clearly).    We had a "Parade of Lights" Friday night downtown.  We have a small town, so it wasn't a huge parade.  It was freezing out!  Dominic & Matthew got to ride the Elk's Lodge float.  Duke used to be a member & his brother is also.  He had messaged me on Facebook wanting to know if they would like to ride it.  I thought that was really cool of him.  The boys had fun.  They light the Christmas tree on "S" mountain that night as well.
OK....I have a little time to lay back down before I have to start getting ready for work....so will write more later.:)

No comments: