.

.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well my first post of 2013!  I think that's such a cool number...13 is one of my fave numbers...so looking forward to a good year.:)  What did everyone do last night?  I'm still sick, so had no plans.  I was going to have the kids for the night, since Dave & Christy were going to go out, but then she ended up with her grandson, so Dave said the boys were going to stay with him...they texted me at midnight.:)  Anyway, I was a bit bummed about being alone on New Year's Eve.  It basically sucks to be alone any time...but there are two days of the year that you really FEEL it....New Year's Eve & Valentine's Day.  But then mom, Theresa & Jade (Dukes' daughter & granddaughter) got into town & we decided to go out to eat at a nice Italian restaurant.  So that was cool.  Then just went to mom's & watched the ball drop in Times Square.  It turned out to be a decent night.  JM called from Canada a little after midnight my time & it was really nice to be able to talk to him.  I haven't had a voice in days & when I do have one, it's barely there.  He's having a pretty good time, but he may be home sooner than the 4th.  So not sure what is going on with all of that. 

I HAVE to put this in here...I know it wasn't my regular "weigh" day...but I weighed yesterday & it's 302!!!!  A great thing.  Only 3 lbs til I'm below the dreaded 300!  I'm going to have to change my weigh date...instead of Wednesdays...it will be Fridays...except for this week it was Monday...follow all of that?:)  HOW did I lose 9 lbs in 5 days??  I have no clue.  Well I HAVE been sick, so haven't been eating that much, plus took my water pill the day before.  I'm supposed to take those every day, but since I can't be running to the bathroom every 15 minutes at work, I haven't been taking them like I should (they are for high blood pressure really).

I went to the doctor on Friday...he said that a lot of people have this thing that's going around, but since I worked with the public, he gave me some strong antibiotics that I take for 5 days...so today is my last day of those.  So I'm sure I feel A LOT better than I would have without them.  My sore throat went away pretty fast.  I still don't have much of a voice & am not feeling 100%, but hopefully I will soon.  I have a sore on my nose that does NOT look attractive at all & hurts.  Complain, complain, I know.:)  I called off work again yesterday (didn't have to work the weekend), so I have used up all 3 of my days that you can miss in a 6 month period.  I'm sure I will have a "talking to."  When I'm sick, I'm sick.  So I think that's a ridiculous rule.  I'm going in today, sore on my nose, no voice & all.  Should be interesting. 

Duke is still in the hosptial.  Mom is going back down tonight or in the morning.  He is having a biopsy of his liver done in the morning.  They have ruled out his heart & kidneys causing him problems at this time.  He has a pacemaker..so he DOES have problems with his heart, but it's not what's causing him to retain so much water, be sick & be yellowish.  They did say the other day that they didn't see any cancer anywhere..so that's good.  Whatever is going on with his liver, I hope they can fix it.

It's cold out today...snow on the ground...kinda 'blah."  January has never been my most fave month.  January-March....don't know why...but they just remind me of cold, windy, snowy, bleak days...with not even a Holiday to look forward to.LOL  Though my two oldest have made me like them a bit more...Dominic will be 11 on January 28th & Phillip will be 15 on February 13th!  I can't believe that he'll be 15!!!! 

I wish for everyone a great year with much happiness & good health.  Thank you for reading my blog & sharing my life.

No comments: