.

.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

BLAH....

I'm not feeling real great right now.  Physically or mentally.  I have been eating a bit too much lately & have put a bit of weight back on...which is disappointing to me.  But that's not the only thing it's done...I just feel physically sick..my stomach hurts & just don't feel great.  I haven't been eating a TON, but more than I was.  I have to eat very little in order to lose weight.  I know that it's my age & just the way my metabolism is now...but it's hard to hardly eat sometimes.  I retain some water...so I know that I have to cut back on the salt...I use way too much.  There are a lot of things that I need to do to make myself healthier & to feel better.  Some days it's totally easy & other days...not so much.  I made the mistake of eating some scrambled eggs yesterday & was in serious pain the rest of the day.  I don't get that at all.  I USED to be allergic to eggs when I was a kid....was allergic to a lot of foods back then.  Then I was good for years.  The past year or two...scrambled eggs or fried eggs put me in pain most of the time (but not all), yet my stomach seems to be fine with hard boiled eggs.  How does that make sense?  I love eggs..so every now & then...I TRY it to see if it will bother me that time.  Yesterday it did...big time.  I was supposed to work from 5:30pm-10:00pm last night, but had to call off.  I feel sooo bad about that...but I was hurting so bad, there was no way I could have stood there & dealt with things for that long.  So no more eggs for me...ever.

I have a couple of days off now..so going to Colorado Springs today to see JM.  I look forward to hanging out.  He's going to Seattle in April for about a week & I might go with him.  No definite plans yet...that's a few months away & who knows what will happen between now & then.  Ever the optimist, right?LOL  I just try to take one day at a time anymore...with this situation..with everything.

My oldest, Phillip...he has been refusing to go to school.  Can I make him?  Well if I could, I would.  I would like to know HOW.  Yes I'm the parent...but he's bigger than me & stubborn.  He wants to be homeschooled.  I told him that's out of the question.  I told him that he needs to finish 8th grade...that it's only 5 more months out of his life & then when high school starts...he can go to the alternative high school.  I just want to get him THRU school.  I know by him not going, that he can get into trouble & so can I.  I have told him that if he continues to act like this, that he will have to live with his dad.  If the authorities get involved, he may not have a choice to live with either one of us.:(  I couldn't stand that.  I love my kids.  I want them to succeed in life.  This is an ongoing source of stress for me.

My niece, Justine, turned 20 on the 8th!  That's so hard to believe.  She was just a baby yesterday...
Her Chihuahua had two puppies on the 7th...they are so cute & little!!  She is going to end up keeping them..I knew that she wouldn't be able to get rid of them.LOL  One is all black & the other one is black with a little bit of brown on her.  Both girls.  The mom is tan, but the dad is darker. The mom is "Persephone." Such a huge name for a little dog.LOL  She's not producing any milk, so Justine needs to bottle feed the puppies...started yesterday...I helped her...but they are stubborn little things & were not happy about the bottle at all.

My step-dad is doing "better."  He is still on oxygen & will probably have to continue to be  He's lost like 40 lbs in the past month...a lot of it extra fluid that they drained.:(  Yuck.  They won't say how much time he has...say it's in "God's hands."  I just hope that he has a long time.  I'm selfish that way.

I won some money at Bingo last Friday...$350...so bought a new Straighttalk phone & a new ipod.  Yes I could have saved it or used it for other things..but it was "extra" money that I wouldn't have had otherwise.  I feel guilty buying anything for me...but sometimes I think it's OK to do.





No comments: