.

.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A LONG DAY....

My 18 year old niece,Justine....I don't know what it is with her and animals, but she's constantly wanting more. Which pisses my mom and step-dad off to no end considering she lives with them. She wanted me to take her to Colorado Springs today to get an German Shepherd that this family needed to get rid of..not that they wanted to, but the womans' mom is sick in a different state and they couldn't take the dog. So we drive 2 hours BOTH ways..straight down and back so she could get the dog. Now I'm not really a dog person, but this dog is actually pretty good. She did really well on the way home. But, needless to say, neither the dog nor Justine is staying at home tonight. She's staying at a friends' house (and this "friend" is a druggie)...I swear that both her and her mom attract them! Anyway, my step-dad doesn't know yet, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be pissed. Plus she's supposed to graduate this year (she goes the the alternative high school) and it's not looking too good right now. I don't know why she just can't do her work and get it done and over with. Graduate and then go mess up her life by hanging out with the wrong people. I don't know. I love her immensely..but I don't understand her sometimes. So I had that long trip today and then have to do it again tomorrow when I go to Denver. I think I will have a nice time..but who really knows until I get there. Some people that you can talk to on the phone or text..when you meet them in person, you're like WTF was I thinking?! Hopefully that isn't the case with Ron. I will keep you posted.

I am DEFINITELY going to Vegas on the 18th. Booked my flight and everything. I hope it all goes according to plan. I'm always in constant fear that when I plan something..that it's all going to go wrong at the last minute. The 18th will be a LONG day. I have to take a shuttle from my hometown to Denver...3 hours..to the bus station..then get a RTD bus from there to the airport..another hour. Get checked in and everything, then wait about 3 hours for my flight. But that's OK. At least nobody has to drive me up there and I don't have to drive myself and risk getting lost AND have to pay for parking as well. Then when I come back on the 22nd..I'm not sure who is picking me up. My plane doesn't get in til like 10:45pm. I asked my ex (I still rely on him for too much) and he wasn't sure that he could...he used to be willing to do things like that for me..even after he left...now not so much. I think she's telling him crap. Who knows.

On the way home from moms' tonight, one of my sons' asked me who I loved best out of the 3 of them..they have asked this before and I tell them that I love all of them the same and won't even answer that question. So he just laughed. I asked them "who do you love more me or dad." I was just joking around since they had asked me the other question. In unison, they said "you!" I find that sweet and all, but feel bad for both them and Dave. That Dave has done things to make them think differently of him. Then, my 7 year old, Matthew, said it was because "dads break up marriages and hurt wives' hearts." Out of the mouths of babes.

No comments: