.

.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

GOOD & BAD....

Hello everyone!!:) Thank you for all of your comments. I loved them.

I don't know if you remember me talking about my friend who had a "friend" overseas that she was sending money to..and I felt that it was a scam. Well here is an update on that. OK, they have been e-mailing, talking on messenger, talking on the phone for 2 years now. He says that he's from Texas, but is working in Qatar..or some other place. Says that he is having a hard time getting enough money to come back to the States. He is supposedly this white guy...but every picture that he sends to my friend...there is something in front of his face..so you can't see him that well. She has been on webcam with him, but she can't see him, because his cam is broke(really?!). I have told her that I thought it was a scam and told her what website to go to to see about this kind of scam. Well, needless to say, she has continued to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe him. I told her NOT to send him anymore money..over the past two years..she has probably sent him over $11,000!! She doesn't have that kind of money, she has 3 kids, etc. OK well he told her a couple of weeks ago that he was going to come stay here with her and start a life together. BUT he says that he needs some money for the ticket...he will ask one of his "friends" there for the rest..so she sends him $1,200!!!!!!!!! SO he is supposed to be here the 21st of March. She's excited but apprehensive. Because she would have to drive 2 hrs to the airport and wonder if he's not there? She wants me to go with her. I KNEW what was going to happen, but didn't say anything..what's the point? So the day before, she gets this text message from his "friend" saying that they were in a car accident on the way to the airport and that her friend (Cole) had hit his head pretty bad(not hard enough if you ask me..and if it was true). So, of course, we didn't go. Then she was freaking out, doubting herself, being upset that he would do this to her, feeling bad because she's in love with him, etc. He finally calls and is sooooo upset and crying, saying how sorry he is, etc. She, of course, believes him. I told her AGAIN NOT to send him any more money, she says she won't, but we'll see. I don't even know what to do anymore. Just be there for her, I guess.

Took my son, Dominic to see "The Hunger Games" opening night (23rd)..well they were sold out! That doesn't happen very often around here...so we bought the tickets early the next day and went the night of the 24th. It was sold out again, but at least we had tickets for that night. Phillip went too. It was a GREAT movie!! I loved it!

As for the weight loss thing...it's not going good at all. I have probably gained more weight back. So not going to weigh for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty disgusted with this myself at the moment. It's like I can't control myself AT ALL. I just want to eat constantly. I haven't been exercising. My high school reunion is June 16th and I would really like to lose AT LEAST 40 lbs before then. I don't know..at this rate..I will be lucky to lose 1 lb!!:(

1 comment:

Tim said...

No one should be demanding that kind of money from someone, especially if they "love" someone. He lives and works in Qatar....everyone is rich there!!

The signs are SO obvious. That sounds like a classic case of someone being scammed. Your friend needs to stop sending money ASAP! At least she needs to get some proof...like he needs to use some of that money and buy a proper webcam!