.

.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

YES I'M STILL ALIVE.:)

I have been very lazy about writing on here for the past week.  I am obsessed with Pinterest & have been on there A LOT.  I'm sure the people who "follow" me are totally sick of all the pins that I put on there.LOL  That's me though....become obsessed & addicted to something for awhile..then get over it.  I don't think I'm there yet with Pinterest...hopefully soon!LOL 

I lost some weight this week, so was happy about that.  I'm not getting my hopes up too much though, because I have been between like 305-318 all year.  I have only been below 305 like once this year when I was sick in July.  Hoping that I can keep up the weight loss this time.  My first goal was is to lose 14 lbs..which would put me at 299...out of the horrible 300's.  I still have like 11 lbs to go, but will get there.  I have been exercising to Richard Simmons again.  I know that some think he is a joke, but I like him & I can actually keep up with his workouts.  I may go to others after I lose a bit of weight first...I have some Jillian Michaels DVD's as well.  I miss her being on "The  Biggest Loser!"  Does anyone know when that show comes back on?  I haven't been eating a lot, but that's because we don't have much to eat....thank God I get paid on Friday!!

OK, I love the TV show "Supernatural" & couldn't wait for it to start again.  Well, I finally realized that my DVR wasn't recording it & remembered that it started at the beginning of October.  So I check the channel & everything...get this, we don't get that channel here anymore!!!!  WTF?   Optimum bought out Bresnan & they decided to drop that station!!  I guess it's been that way for a few months now (so my mom informed me).  I hadn't noticed, because I haven't been watching anything on that channel since "Supernatural" wasn't on yet.  I'm totally bummed.  I guess maybe I can find a website that has the full episodes?  I hope so.  It just sucks that I can't DVR it anymore.

OK, need to ask your opinion on this.  Like I have said before, Dave is seeing a girl named Christy.  The boys have been around her numerous times now, which is whatever.  Dave & I are taking the kids trick-or-treating on Halloween & he is bringing her..which I think will be awkward as hell.  Do you think it's "wrong" of him to bring her?  I just feel uncomfortable with it.  I don't care that he's with someone else, since him & I can't work, but I don't think that I should have to deal with yet another girlfriend of his. 

Matthew will be 9 on Saturday!!  It has gone by soooo fast!!  We are having a party for him at the bowling alley.  We usually do every year anymore, since you never know what the weather is going to do this time of year.  He's totally excited.:)

My heater went out the other day!!:(  I had someone come out & take a look at it & they say it's totally shot.  I had smelled something burning the other day, so turned it off.  Well it was smoking & everything when they tried it.  So they told me to leave it off.  I'm using a little heater that I borrowed from a friend at the moment.  The heater is only a couple of years old!  They put it in when they did weatherization on my house.  I called them & they said that their warranty had run out (of course), but that they would send someone out to look at it on Wednesday.  They told me to call the main company who made the heater, so I will do that.  I can't afford a new heater.:(  I may have to buy one from Wal-Mart to use all Winter.  The bad thing is, I don't want my pipes freezing because I won't be able to keep the whole house warm with a small heater.:(  Then there's the fact that the kids & I will have to deal with a colder house!  May have to buy some extra blankets too!!  I swear if it's not one thing.....

We have parent teacher conferences tonight for both Phillip & Dominic.  I'm sure that they will be very different on what they say.  Dominic (10) does his homework, gets things done, gets decent grades.  Phillip (14) doesn't give a crap about school, hates going, doesn't do his homework (he says he finishes it at school)..which I know isn't totally possible.  I always had homework when I was in school.  I know he's having issues with Algebra and I'm going to tell his teacher that she needs to help him more with that since I can't.  The other classes I have no idea what is going on, but guess will find out.  Not looking forward to that at all.  I wish that he cared more. 

I have to go to court in the morning for a bill that I owe.:(  I plan on paying it...it's a credit card...don't know why we have to go to court over it.  I hate doing shit like that.  It's embarrassing.  Not only that, I get sooo nervous.  It's like going to the principals office when you're a kid..though a bit worse.  Then in the afternoon, I'm going to help with Matthew's Halloween party at school.:) 

I plan on going to Canon City & hanging out with my friend Tracy on Thursday..we're going to go to Pueblo & see "Paranormal Activity 4."  Also go to lunch.  I haven't seen her for awhile, so it should be fun.:)

J & I haven't been hanging out at all.  She's mad at me.  I sent her a text yesterday saying "I miss ya" & she didn't even respond.:(  She's mad because I couldn't hang out with her a couple of weeks ago after I said that I could.  Things came up & I wasn't able to make it, but she's pissed.  I don't know what to do about that.  I miss talking to her.  Oh well, I guess.

Phillip went hunting the last couple of weekends and last week for the first time.  He had fun, but didn't get anything this year...maybe next year.  He went with my mom & step-dad a few times, then Dave took him some as well.

Is anyone else concerned about December 21st?  I'm getting a little more concerned as it gets closer.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you're back, I saw your many pinterest and was wondering why you hadn't blogged. :)

It's understandable that you don't want the new gf to impose on your family time, but I think it's important for the dynamic of the family for the kids to see ya'll can be civil.
HOWEVER, I don't think this is something that should happen till he's been with a woman 6 months or so. It's not good for the kids to get attached to someone who may or may not stick around.

Cathy said...

Several things I want to comment on . . . now I just need to remember what they all are. :-)

I heard that Jillian is supposed to be back on Biggest Loser this next season, but I don't know when it starts. Maybe I'll google it. ;-) ....Jan 6, that seems like a long ways away. :-(

Dave and his new gf . . . I think it would be awkward too. Maybe you two should come to some sort of agreement on holidays and stuff and not do them together? Halloween is tricky, because usually it's only one night (although some places have stuff the weekend before) but other holidays your kids could celebrate 2 times, one with each parent . . . ??? I agree with what Tammy above said, but as you don't have a choice when he introduces her to your kids, you can't really enforce that.

Congrats on the weight loss! Good luck with the court thing. I'm sorry about the heater in your house. (Do you have Costco close? We bought a heater last year for our bedroom there, and it is FABULOUS. I think it would heat the entire house if we put it in the living room, and on eco-friendly mode.)

I'm not worried at all about Dec. 21st. :-)

Hopefully that was everything. lol

Oh! I followed you on Pinterest. :-)