.

.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

MY HEALTH

OK, I don't know why I forget to post about how my physical health is..I know it's as important as my emotional health..maybe even more so. I have started seeing a physical therapist for my left ankle. It's really been bothering me for the past few months. Well come to find out that I don't have any arches. The way I have always walked..with my feet more pointed outward..has caused the issue. So though it probably won't ever get better..maybe get some things to put in my shoes to help. Bad thing is..they cost a lot of money (the ones she wants me to get anyway). So may have to wait on that awhile. My ankle/foot doesn't hurt ALL THE TIME, but after it has been in one position for any length of time..it's like "stuck" and it really hurts to try to move it. I have to massage it to get it to cooperate.

I go in for a sleep study tomorrow night. I have sleep apnea..was diagnosed a few years ago. I used to have a CPAP machine, but have no idea where it is..as you can tell..I didn't use it much. I just find it annoying to have something on my face while I sleep. BUT I recently read that sleep apnea can cause weight gain, strokes, heart attacks, sudden death..etc...(I may FEEL suicidal sometimes, but I have no desire to actually die). SO decided I had better get my ass in gear and get checked again and see what I need to do. Get a new CPAP machine and go from there. So will let you know how it goes. I also have RLS (restless leg syndrome). I take Mirapex for that (a drug also used for Parkinsons) and it helps soooo much! I have run out of it before...and it's NOT a good thing. Can't keep my legs still when I try to rest at night and don't get any sleep. I'm glad that I finally found a drug that can help. I hope it never stops working.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hey, I'm just catching up on some blogs. How did your sleep study go?