.

.

Monday, May 6, 2013

TIME MARCHES ON....

Things are going pretty well here...nothing too major going on.  My step-dad is getting sicker though.:(  It's hard to see.  He's just lost a lot of weight, can't see too well because of cataracts...getting those fixed soon, is on oxygen, is cold & tired a lot...and also is getting dementia, I believe.  I guess it goes along with all of what is going on with him..the doctor told them that it would be like that.  But he gets mean at times.  He's not too bad with me, but he's constantly yelling at my mom.  She's just trying to help.  It's a sad thing.  Taking care of terminally ill people isn't an easy thing to do.  I don't think he's accepted yet that he isn't going to get better.:(  I wish that he would.  Wish that some things never changed.  He finally got his will & everything done, which I know takes some of the stress off.  He has funeral arrangements made...or is trying to get them done.  It's horrible how much a funeral & everything that goes along with it, costs.:(  Sorry for being so morbid here, but it's just part of what is going on in my life right now.

That guy never did call me..which is fine.  I was good with him just asking for my number in the first place.LOL

I've been exercising & trying to eat better.  Not always an easy thing to do.  I took some pics in the mirror yesterday with just a bra & sweats on....it's hard seeing myself THAT fat when in my mind, I don't look like that.  Plus I guess that I think that I'm just going to magically be thinner because I've been exercising.  I know that it's not that simple.  It's hard not to get discouraged, but I will continue to exercise & keep my calories down.

My sister, Bev, texted yesterday.  I guess we will try to get together soon.  She says things will just continue to be crazy in her life right now..she's getting married in Florida next month..so getting that planned & all.  Plus I think her oldest daughter is giving her a lot of grief over the whole thing.  Teenagers can be pretty selfish for sure. 

No comments: