.

.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

GOOD NEWS & SAD NEWS

The sad news is that my step-dad is in the hospital & isn't doing very well.:(  He has end stage liver disease.  It's not from drinking or anything..it just is.  If you have followed my blog some, you know that he started getting sick in December & he has pretty much just gone downhill from there.  His daughter, Theresa, flew in yesterday from Texas.  She's a nurse, so she understands what's going on more than I probably do.  I don't know if he'll ever go back home or not.  He is really weak, dehydrated, isn't eating much, is sleeping a lot, etc.  I don't want him to die.:(  I hate that people have to die.  I hate that they have to be sick.  I can't imagine life without him.  He has been a great dad the past 16 years or so.  My mom will be lost without him.  She's holdimg up pretty well right now, but he's still around & she can go see him & talk to him.  It will be different once he's gone. Just didn't expect it to happen this quick, I guess.  He's only 67.

JM is in Scotland..and it hasn't been easy.  We text some & have talked on the phone a couple of times, but it's too expensive to talk much.  We don't text a lot either..which bothers me.  He has texted me though & has said some sweet things about missing me & all.  Just wish he was closer.  He may stay over there for a year..not sure yet.  He would come home at the end of June for a couple of weeks first though.  It will be nice to see him, but would hate him leaving again.  I ask for "signs' sometimes..to guide me or tell me what I should be doing.  I didn't really want him over there for a year, because I was planning on moving down there to be close to him & all.  All this stuff started going wrong with my house, etc.  Well I have been on the list for Section 8 housing for almost 3 years now..and nothing.  But I have also been on a list at these income based apartments for a couple of years.  They called me last week & said they will have a 3 bedroom upstairs apt available on June 1st.  I'm supposed to go sign some papers on Wednesday, look at the apt, etc.  So maybe he was supposed to stay there for a year & I'm supposed to live here for now.  I don't know.  Anyway, I hope it's a nice place.  It's going to take me forever to pack..I have soooo much stuff!  Some will go into storage, some to the new place, some to Good Will & the rest to trash.  Dave (my ex) has decided that if I move, then he will live in the house & take care of it & pay for it.,  His girlfriend, Christy will be living with him too.  I don't really care as long as they can take care of it.  The boys will be happy that they can still come here.  I will miss the house though.  It sucks that I will never own another house again.  I will just be renting for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have thought about you several times the last few months and I hope you and your family are doing good.