.

.

Monday, February 25, 2013

MONDAY AGAIN?

Sometimes the weeks/days fly by & other times they drag.  Can't believe Monday is here again so soon!!  I have to work at 8:30am -4:30pm today...I'm soooo not a morning person.  After I get there, I will be fine...it's just getting there that is the issue.LOL  I have to get the kids up in a few.  Dominic probably won't go to school today because he has that stomach thing that's going around...still.  He has gone to school the past couple of weeks...but has missed a few days because of this.  He'll be really sick, start to get better, then gets it again.  I feel bad for the poor kid.  As for Phillip, we had another meeting with the teachers last Friday & they believe that they can help him as long as he's in school & not missing days.  I told him that & he says he won't give me problems about going..but that remains to be seen.  He's been doing pretty good.  The doctor added Wellbutrin to the other meds he's taking...so we'll see how that goes.  He confessed last night that he has been smoking the past couple of weeks.:(  Just taking cigarettes from his dad or aunt (without them knowing).  He knows how "icky" smoking is & what it does to your lungs.  I'm not overly mad, because I know kids his age try things like that, but I also told him that I don't want him smoking, that it's a bad habit that he doesn't want to get into.  He told me he knows & that he won't do it anymore.  Do I believe him?  Not sure.  I will be keepinig an eye on him for sure..even more so than I have been.  I tried smoking when I was around his age, but didn't see the big deal in it, so didn't start.  Which I'm thankful for.  Both of my parents smoked & my youngest sister does.  Plus they see their dad smoking as well.  Just not a good thing to be around. 

I took the boys to Colorado Springs last weekend...which I should have just waited to do.  I knew the weather wasn't going to be that great..but they really wanted to go.  So we left Friday after school.  The weather wasn't too bad then, though we did run into some snow.  The hotel was really nice & not expensive.  The boys got to swim for awhile & we just hung out, so that was nice.  But then the news said a storm was coming in Saturday night & that there would be quite a bit of snow.  I don't like driving in the snow..especially the road between here & Canon City.  So I decided that we would leave on Saturday instead of Sunday..which the boys weren't too happy about, though Dominic was all for it, because he didn't want to be caught in the snow anymore than I did.  I had paid for two nights thru an on-line site, so now am trying to get the money back for Saturday night...we'll see how that goes.  Anyway, we were going to hang out with JM some on Saturday, but since we were going to leave that day, decided to just do breakfast.  We went & picked him up & went to Village Inn.  The boys liked him, though they didn't talk much since they are shy at first.  He also liked them, which I'm thankful for.  I know that a lot of things could have changed for the worse if they hadn't liked each other.  JM also gave me a teddy bear when I first went to pick him up.:)  I was surprised & thought that was sweet of him to do.  He wasn't feeling all that great because of one of his teeth, but he wanted to go to breakfast with us anyway, which I thought was cool.  Anyway, then we dropped him back off & went to the mall on the way out of town.  Which may have been a huge mistake.LOL  The boys got a few things, as did I.  Then stopped at Barnes & Noble & each got a book..me too.  Like I needed more!!LOL  Spent way too much money, which I feel a bit guilty about to an extent, but the boys had fun & that's what's important.  We did end up getting some snow, so glad we came back when we did.  I probably won't get back down there for a few weeks.  It kinda sucks, but it's all good.

I ordered some exercise DVD's & started using them yesterday.  It's called "Slim in 6."  So just watch what I eat & do the DVD's daily for 6 weeks & supposed to really help.  So here's hoping.:)  I was going to exercise this morning...but just too tired & not in the mood.  So will have to do it after work today.   I was concerned about doing that, because usually at the end of work, I'm hurting a bit, but it should all be good.  Will just take a couple of Aleve or something. 

Hope everyone has a good week.:)

2 comments:

Tim said...

Good luck with the DVDs!

Cathy said...

I used Slim in 6 several years ago and looked it. Good luck! (I realize this is an old post, but I'm trying to catch up. ) :-)