.

.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

ANOTHER WEEK

Can't believe that another week has gone by already!  Where does the time go?  Well...I have to go into work this morning...I'm sure I will get "reprimanded" because I missed two days this week..even though I had a doctors note.  You can only miss 3 days in 6 months & I have now missed like 5.  When I'm sick, I'm sick.  I worked on Monday..felt like crap...left about 40 minutes early for a doctors' appt.  My chest was hurting..sharp pains all the way thru to my back.  He said I have "myalgias."  He would press on certain points on my body & it HURT.  So he told me that I should take the rest of the week off & rest.  Has it helped?  Not really.  I still don't feel "good."  He called back not too long after I left the office & told me that he wanted me to get a chest x-ray & a mammogram (my first one)..so did that on the 7th.  That was an interesting experience, but not as painful as I thought it was going to be.  Of course, I won't hear anything about either of those things for like a week...hate waiting.LOL  He also said that I may be starting perimenopause...which I figured as much.  I'm sooo thrilled.  He says I'm pretty "young" for that, but since I have only one ovary now....that it could happen.

Phillip has been going to school...went 3 out of 4 days this past week!  Hey, I'm proud!!LOL  He almost got into a fight on Thursday though because this kid called me fat & of course, Phillip felt the need to stick up for me..but the principal heard it as well & took the kid to the office for the rest of the day.  Matthew has told me before that some kids in his grade say that to him as well & he also sticks up for me.  It breaks my heart that they even have to do that.:(  It shouldn't be a problem for them.  I'm very ashamed.

I have had a great week at Bingo!  Won $125 on Wednesday night & $430 on Thursday night!!  Crazy, right??  Plus Dave got his income tax back yesterday & I get my half on Monday, which is cool.  Some of it goes to bills.  Then this is what I would like to do with some of it..though not sure if I will actually DO them all....get another tattoo, get a "mothers' ring" for myself, get some exercise DVD's off of beachbody.com, get some books I have wanted for a long time off of Amazon & save the rest...after getting a few things for my kids.  They have gotten plenty lately.

Mom went to Grand Junction for a couple of days this week to see Cindy & Jasmine.  I'm glad that she got to go.  It's not very often that she gets to "just go" & especially by herself.  Duke just isn't feeling good enough to go.

Mom, Dominic, Matthew & I went to Ft. Carson on the 1st to get Dukes' meds.  Matthew wants to be in the military when he grows up.  Anyway, we were in the commisary(sp?) & there was an army guy in front of us in his "uniform."  I thought Matthew was going to pass out!!LOL  It was soo cute!  He's like "I have never been this close to an army guy before!  I know Duke was in the Army, but he's not anymore!" LOL  So the guy was in the lane next to us & he kept looking over, because Matthew was like staring at him, so I finally told the guy that my son would like to meet him.  He shook Matthew's hand & talked to him for a bit...you would have thought that he got to meet a celebrity!!  I thought he was going to hyperventilate!LOL  He kept saying afterward that he couldn't believe that he actually got to meet any army guy.:)  It brought tears to my eyes to see him like that.  Happy tears, but I just didn't know that something like that would mean so much to him.  That guy made his whole year & he probably doesn't even know it.  I'm glad that he was a nice guy & not some ass.

I get to spend Valentine's Day with JM.:)  I'm happy to see him again for sure (not sure when I will be able to after that again..though I plan on taking the boys down some weekend in March & getting a room..they love doing that...a hotel with an indoor swimming pool..then JM can meet them if he doesn't chicken out or whatever)....it's just a confusing, sometimes stressful situation.  I just don't think he knows what it is he wants.  He's looking for like a "movie romance" (aren't we all?) or something...& I just don't fit the bill.  He does love me & that's a huge thing in my book though.  I know everyone is probably tired of hearing about him, but I still need to write about it from time to time. 

Oh, I went to Bingo again last night in Buena Vista & hung out with Brad again afterward for about an hour.  We just go to his house & hang out & talk.  I think he's just lonely.  He makes me laugh & I hope I do the same for him.  He has some issues he's working thru & I told him that if he ever needs to talk, to let me know.  He actually gave me his phone number as well...which was cool.  He's a good guy.

No comments: