.

.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

SATURDAY

Do any of you ever have one of those days where you just can't think of a title for your post?  This is one of those days for me.  I have no clue, so just went with the basic.:)

They poured the cement for my step-dad's tombstone yesterday.  He has been gone for 10 months today.  I still miss him so much it hurts & I know that I will never get totally past that.  Mom & I went out by there not too long after they poured it, so I put initials in it...mine, my kids, my nieces & my sisters.  Yes I know it's weird...I had never done that before, so it's a new kind of weird for me.:)   The tombstone will cover it when it's put up, but that's OK.  It was just something that we wanted to do & WE will know that it's there.  He liked "Hershey's Kisses."  So my niece, Justine, had gotten a necklace with one & she took off the chain & put the "sparkly kiss" in the cement, towards the edge, so maybe even after they put the stone up, you will be able to see it & it will just be there forever.  That is what we are hoping anyway.


Matthew spent the night at a friend's house last night.  He doesn't do that very often & I always worry about him.  Wondering if he's OK, behaving, having a good time, etc.  Guess it's just a mom thing.  He was with Wyatt all day yesterday as well.  They are in this "group" for LEGO Robotics that meets every Friday for a few weeks.  So they walked to where Wyatt's mom works after that.  I told Matthew to call me when he got there, so I know he made it OK.  He doesn't have a cellphone, because he lost the first one he had. He has a hard time remembering things, so I feel that we should wait awhile now before getting him another one.  I don't hear from him.  I'm then later driving down by that way & I see him & Wyatt, so I stop & say "I told you to call me when you got to where is mom works" & he's like "you did?"  Yep that's my kid.LOL  He asks that if it's OK with Wyatt's mom if he can spend the night.  I told him to let me know what all was going on....3 hours later...he finally calls.  So I got the cellphone number & everything.  That kid worries me a lot.LOL


Jeff & I are just hanging out in the apartment by ourselves this weekend.  Phillip is with Dave, Dominic is at mom's (he's there every weekend...I think he just wants a break from is brothers), & Matthew will be with either Dave or mom after he gets back from Wyatt's house.  So we're just going to be hermits.  Get caught up on some shows on the DVR & we're also doing a whole "Supernatural" marathon on Netflix.:)  I love that show.  I used to watch it all the time, but have missed like the last 3-4 seasons.  So we're trying to get caught up.  We're still on the 1st season, but we'll get there eventually.  I'm just glad I found a guy that likes to have "TV show marathons.":)  I'm also trying to get caught up on "Chicago Fire" & "Blue Bloods" on-line.  Then have a few more episodes of "NCIS: Los Angeles" to watch before I'm totally caught up.  Not sure how I got so far behind on all of these.  There are a few other shows that Jeff & I watch together: "The Following" (now THAT'S a disturbing, dark show), "Ink Master" (totally love it!), "Crisis," "Believe," "Intelligence" (amazing), "Elementary" (LOVE IT).  I also watch "Biggest Loser" when it's on.  On every show, there are certain characters that I like, but I don't usually like ALL of the characters, but on NCIS: Los Angeles, I love ALL of them.  "Deeks" & "Kensi" are my faves though.:)




No comments: