.

.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

UPDATE...

Hi everyone!:) I have missed writing here...I have just been lazy. I have a lot to tell you. First of all..my weight is still about the same. Just haven't had the discipline. But then saw a few pics of me...OMG! So am back on low carb..only on 2nd day...but already feel sooo much better! Not sluggish, tired, my stomach doesn't hurt. I have energy! Right now, I want to lose 13 lbs..that would put me at 295 and then go from there. Little goals, ya know? Plus on the 17th, I wasn't feeling very well and at one point couldn't move my fingers on my left hand! So went to the ER. The did a CAT scan on my brain and that came back OK. He said it could just be a pinched nerve, but he couldn't rule out a mini stroke.:( I went to my regular doctor the next day and he wants me to get an MRI done on my head and neck to see if there are any blockages. So that is scheduled for the 25th. Hopefully all is good. So I just feel that I need to lose weight and get healthier. I need and want to be around for my kids.

This hasn't been the best year for my mom and step-dads' health..well my step-dad was OK until earlier this month. First, I will tell you that mom is doing pretty good. She doesn't wear her sling as much. She still has some pain, but probably will for awhile. She goes to physical therapy 2-3x a week. OK, my step-dad...Duke...first went to the hospital by ambulance on the 5th. He couldn't move is leg and was in a lot of pain. Well they said that it's "probably" gout. Anyway, a couple of weeks later..he now has to use a cane and/or walker...the doctor gives him 3 new medications to take. He takes them for the first time on the morning of the 14th. He has a major allergic reaction (though we didn't know that's what it was at the time). He fell in the bathroom, was incoherent, was having a hard time breathing, was sweating. I was down there luckily and called for the ambulance. Went and saw him at the hospital and he looked BAD. They had oxygen on him, he couldn't really talk, was really red, was cold and clammy. He has heart problems as it is, so this didn't help. They kept him overnight and luckily he's OK now. But within a month..well it's just hard to see him having to use a cane! He's 64 and mom is 61. So actually not that old. It freaks me out.

I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but I'm on Tagged.com. It's kinda like a dating site, but really just a friend site. I love it. Anyway, I formed a group on there called "Colorado Friends." There are over 400 members now. Some of us decided to get together for a barbecue on the 16th at a park in Colorado Springs. It went really well. Only about 16 people showed up, but since this was the first one, I'm not too worried about it. We plan on having more in the future. It was cool meeting new people.:) I stayed the night at one of the guys' houses...Ken. Nothing happened! Yep, couldn't really believe it either. Well he's a nudist...so to each his own. I told him it was OK with me if he wanted to walk around his own house naked. Which he did. It was a little strange at first, but then it was no big deal. I kept my clothes on. I'm just not THAT comfortable with my body. He's a cool guy and hopefully we will stay friends, but I don't feel any attraction and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. Whether it's my weight or not, I don't know. But we all have our preferences.

OK..the guy situation...Arturo called me last month and told me that they were sending my letters back to him! So he wanted to know if I was just denying them. I'm not. So now they won't even let our letters go thru to each other.:( I'm sure his dad had something to do with that. I haven't heard from him in about a month now. Maybe he'll call again sometime, but us not even being able to write to each other...well I guess that part of my life is over.:(
I went to see Ron the first weekend in July. We had an OK time, but he pretty much annoyed me beyond belief. Just a personality clash I guess. I like him and didn't want to "end it." Just wanted to see how it went. Well at one time I did tell him that if he found someone else closer, to tell me. Okay..so on the night of the 14th...he knows my step-dad is sick..he still tells me that he loves me. The NEXT day, I get a text saying that it's over, that he found someone else and he wishes me luck!! WTF???!! I asked how long he had been lying to me and he said he wasn't a liar. I said "you just told me last night that you loved me, so that makes you a fucking liar and you did this when you know how sick my step-dad is, so that makes you an asshole too!" He didn't reply to that. I deleted him from my facebook and tagged pages. His roommate sent me a message on facebook later and said that he had met this girl THAT day and that he actually texted me from the bar while she was sitting right there! Obviously I didn't mean crap to him at all. He told me at one point in the earlier conversation that we could still be friends. I think not! Geez. He didn't even have the balls to call me and break up with me! Total jerk.

I still text Bruce and Chris, but not as much as I should. I'm really bad about calling people or texting.:(

Guess that's it for now...I'm sure that's plenty!!LOL Hopefully taking the boys to Nebraska next month to see their aunt. Talk soon.

No comments: