.

.

Monday, December 7, 2009

The weekend....

Well...the weekend didn't start out well at all. My mom and step-dad were getting married on Saturday (5th) and Dave KNEW this. I mean seriously. We had rehearsal for it on the Tuesday before...even though he wasn't there, the boys were. So then on Friday afternoon, he texts me that he was thinking about going to Denver on Saturday to see her!! I told him he was an asshole and he only thought about himself and Gracie. I couldn't believe that he was doing that to mom and Duke after they had loved him all these years too and had done so much for us. He immediately texted back and said he was sorry, that he had forgotten and that he would be at the wedding and he would go to Denver another weekend. By then, I was so pissed off anyhow, ya know? I told him I wanted nothing to do with him anymore. Of course, that's not possible since I have 3 kids with him, but it's hard having to act like it's all OK when it's not. So anyway...at least the wedding turned out really nice and everything went well.:) It was short and sweet for sure. They got married at the local Elk's Lodge since Duke is a member. Everyone had fun. Dave stayed at the reception for a little while and then left since he wasn't feeling well and I think he felt a little out of place as well. Everyone knows that he left me for someone else. I think that would be a little uncomfortable for him.

On Friday night, I got a text from a guy that lives in a town nearby. I hadn't heard from him in awhile and was surprised. He asked what I was doing Saturday night. So we ended up making plans to go see the movie "New Moon." His name is Rich and he's 27. I know...pretty young. We went to grab a bite to eat (McDonalds)LOL...not really hungty and then to the movie. I think he's a bit shy and he said it had been awhile since he had been out. I did put my hand on his leg and he eventually did the same to me. Also held hands a bit. Then he took me home. No good night kiss or anything.:( I thought maybe he just wasn't all that interested in me, but he texted me later and said the he just moves slower. I still thought that maybe there was a lack of attraction on his part, but he texted me again last night and we talked a bit. So who knows if this will go anywhere, but it would be cool if it did. He's a cutie.:) I think it's cool that he didn't just automatically expect sex. All the other guys that I have talked to or went out with these past months expect sex on the first date. It's sad when you get used to something like that as being "normal." I'm trying slow down as it is and have some self-respect. Yes, I like sex...but it's just been way out of control this whole year and I don't feel good about it. So we'll see.

It's been cold and gloomy here the past couple of days and we have gotten some snow. Yesterday, I didn't even get out of my pajamas...just soooo not in the mood. Today I'm forcing myself to get some things done, but it's been rough. I'm looking forward to better days for sure.

No comments: